Sunday, August 25, 2013

Settling In

So we have had our first Shabbat (thank you last minute hosts!), we've unpacked most of the bags we brought on the plane, had a chance to shop a little bit (the Shuk is a wonderful place, Israeli supermarkets are pretty good too, though I have yet to find a Mehadrin butcher...), kinda adjust our body clocks, and our tans are coming in wonderfully.

We have also gotten adept at riding the buses (and that is with a stroller!), jury-rigging yummy meals out of nothing (here's to you, fresh bread everywhere, scrumptious veggies, cheese counters in supermarkets you can eat from!, Hummus, fruit, cereal, yogurt, and lox) walking all over the place (I have walked more in the last 5 days than I have in the last 4 years, I think), and using our rusty but trusty Hebrew.

The kiddies are jet lagged, stir crazy, defiant, overtired, and I think their body clocks have been set for Tokyo, or Mars.

But the cabinets and fridge is full, the drawers and closets too, and we do get to sleep sometime. For this I am grateful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment